As part of its 10th anniversary celebrations REPs will be running a consumer awareness campaign designed to tell the general public about REPs, the work it does and the importance of using a REPs registered instructor. Feedback from member surveys has shown registered instructors want the REPs team to do more to engage with the public. To help us with this campaign we’d like to invite you to take part in a small survey about what the Register means to you. Registrar Jean-Ann Marnoch says: “During its 10 years REPs has been incredibly successful within the fitness industry and has earned the support of employers, training providers and, most importantly, individual instructors.
“We’d now like to spread the message of what we stand for to the general public – the very people REPs was set up to look after. We want to make checking your instructors registration status to be as automatic as not using a plumber that wasn’t Gas Safe registered.” We’re also asking members to act as ambassadors for REPs, wear your lapel badges with pride and use the REPs logo on your marketing materials.
As part of the anniversary celebrations we’re also conducting a short survey among members. Please fill in answers to the questions below and either post answers in the comment boxes below or email them to email@example.com.
1. Put in order your top three busiest months.
2. What is your quietest month?
3. Is there a particular time of year that you become more slack about your own fitness regime?
No I always stick to a strict regime
During holidays abroad
During the winter
4. What area of their body do clients most commonly ask you to focus on when creating a training programme?
5. Is this your full time job?
6. What was your main reason for becoming a personal trainer?
- To stay healthy
- To help others
- To earn extra money
7. How many more clients did you receive last January compared to average?
Thank you! The REPs Team